Thursday, January 17, 2013

American Dream Essay

     Over the years, people have migrated  to America to live the American dream. What is the American dream? It can be viewed differently by what the person really desires. My dream is to live a full and happy life doing what I love to do.

     My American dream is to one day have considerable money and a decent sized house with a large garage. I want to be an auto mechanic. I have given thought to join the U.S. Air force. In the Air force, I can serve my country and receive the necessary training to pursue my American dream.

     My Grandpa worked at GM as a mechanic for years after he got out of the Military. My dad worked at EDS, which was one of the many companies that kept GM operating. However, most of my inspiration came from a friend. His father was a mechanic as well. They have taught me a little about how mechanical machinery works. After that, I have become very interested in how it all worked.

     Going into the Air Force is most likely the best way to get training for my future. I talked to a mechanic from the Air Force. He told me in six months he was able to repair large bombers. If I went to UTI, I would go for about a year and be doing oil changes like my cousin did. The Air Force has a variety of vehicles for mechanics to work on. I would make good money with benefits. After I get out, I could buy a house and work at an auto repair shop.

     My American dream can be pursued with the Air Force. I can serve my country and make my family proud. I could have a house with a large garage and a steady income. I could work on cars all day and actually know what I am doing with the training I would get. That is my American dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment